My first thought: Money. Is it really worth the $43 to test it out? (I was just in Ulta last week and spent $250)
Let’s just say I ended up buying $170 worth of makeup today with the foundation. Go figure.
The foundation though! It glides on seamlessly and is so easy to build coverage with out looking cakey. (I used a foundation brush) I only need one layer to conceal my pigmented skin. (Thank god)
What it’s suppose to do:
What it did for me:
- Won’t Clog Pores
- Long lasting
Transferred on everything
Tip: I’ll mix in my liquid Becca Shimmering Perfector if I’m not feeling a matte base.
I wouldn’t say this foundation lasts for 24 hrs, but it could. If you just didn’t move all day. But it beats all the other competitors so far.
Definitely worth the $43, and will be using this daily!
Feeling really iffy with morphe atm 🤔
Are they usually very pigmented or do you have to build your color?
For $26 at Ulta, you get a fairly small, but packed full bottle. It took me 15 minutes just to figure out my shade. (they have 48!!!) The consistency is very thick, but it says to rub a small amount between fingers before applying, which makes it smooth and easy to apply. I dot the concealer with my fingers, then blend it out with my beauty blender. The results are INSANE. It’s extremely pigmented so it’s very important you pick the perfect shade, but that’s one of the reasons why it’s so full coverage.
The last bottle lasted me 2 months, where as I use to have to run to the drugstore every other week for more concealer. I’m on my second bottle and plan on buying a 3rd 😉
And yes, it’s full coverage.
Both of these are good products, so no money was wasted. (thank god) One was just a lot better on my skin than the other.
Too Faced Born This Way $39
- Full Coverage, it did not take much product to do the job and it covered all my freckles
- Goes on easily and smoothly (easy to work with)
- Variety of multiple skin tones
- Just a tad pricey
- Dries and crusted through the day, giving it an unnatural, yucky look. I constantly had to spray myself to hydrate my skin.
- Matte Finish, Some people like this, and others don’t. I like a touch of a dewy look.
- The hue was a little off, giving it a yellow color. When it would dry later, it seemed to look slightly orange or more yellowish. I’m very tan and naturally warm toned, so this was a first for me.
IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream Foundation $38
- Medium/Full Coverage that is easily buildable
- Greatly ‘fixes’ my uneven skin tone and blemishes without having to cake it on
- Easily blendable, doesn’t dry while working with it
- Doesn’t dry throughout the day, and keeps the hydration factor in tact. Very moisturizing!
- Illumines my skin, giving my a very, very dewy glow. They have an Illuminator CC+ foundation that I haven’t tried yet, but the original does just that. Honestly, it doesn’t need anymore illuminator. But I still wanna try the other one :p
- SPF 50+ & Anti-Aging Serum
- Hides my pores
- Tad Pricey
- Only 7 Shades
- It’s not full coverage, but it’s a perfect medium that you can build into a complete full coverage if you wanted.
- Only lasts me about 4-6 hours
Everyday, I have been mixing 1 pump of the CC+ cream with 1 pump of the Too Faced and it gives me the perfect, all day coverage. This won’t work for everybody, but I def recommend the CC+ Cream over Born This Way for those who have dry skin and prefer a slight dew finish.