Usually when people gain weight, it goes straight to their stomach, thighs or arms. Mine goes straight to my face. I may have an athletic body, but those chipmunk cheeks will haunt me forever. Thankfully there are facial workouts, serums, makeup and gum to help balance out this unfair trait.
- Facial Exercises I legit do these in the car, super easy and quick. People will judge you, but at least your working out 😉
Puffed Cheeks Puff out both cheeks and shift the air in your mouth from one cheek to the other, 5 times. Breathe out slowly, making an ‘O’ with your lips. Repeat the exercise three-four times to keep your cheeks firm.
Chins up Look up and make a kissy face while sticking out your tongue. Hold for 5 seconds, and repeat 5 times. This creates a more prominent jawline and defined cheekbones, as well as leaning out the neck.
Jaws Bring your lower jaw forward, past your upper jaw and look up. Hold for 10-15 seconds, rest, then repeat 4x. This is my personal go-to.
2. Egg white mask These astringent properties shrink pores and tighten the skin. The best time is to do this in the morning, after cleansing. I only use one egg white and spread it all over my face and upper neck. (Some people add a tablespoon of lemon juice) Leave it on for 10-15 minutes, or until it is fully dry. Rinse off the egg whites with a cold wash cloth.
3. Water Drink lots of water to help flush out excess sodium that may be the cause of your puffy face.
4. Ice Cubes If you need to depuff your face, grab some ice cubes wrapped in a cloth and apply to your face for a couple of minutes. I recommend doing this before your makeup application, it make your skin smooth and temporarily tightens the skin.
5. Contour This is obvious, but still a good trick. Make sure you contour to your own unique face shape. Not Kim K’s. Try not to contrast the base makeup too much. As much lighter concealer will j make areas pop out and give it a ‘full’ affect. Try going for a soft, natural pink instead of a bold matte lip. It’s all about experimenting and practice. And youtube.
6. Tightening Face Mask If you do your research, you can find some pretty amazing ‘tightening’ masks. Currently I’m using Peter Thomas Roth Instant FirmX. You can leave it on over night, for over an hour, or just 10 minutes (like I do). The results were among the best I’ve experienced with a mask. I purchased mind from Ulta for $48, and half the bottles lasted me a couple months.
7. Sauna/Gym When you get a sweat on, it lets out the toxins, excess sodium and water. As well as burning those calories. Just by creating a healthy habit of doing physical activity or visiting the sauna daily, you should see the results within a couple days.
8. Beauty Roller Usually made from crystals, a face roller can energize, enhance, revive and uplift the skin. Tip: If you keep it cold, it can shrink your pores as you roll.